“When I was little, I had four dreams: to become a scientist, a good writer, a champion car racer and a filmmaker."
Chinese marketers begin to join film projects from the development stage, even to help build the story and script.
Film is a part of my life. Film itself is a complicated conception and can hardly be called pure art or mere commodity. But in China...
" I prefer to recover one’s original simplicity, keeping a scene as it is. The only thing that can change it is TIME... We will never be as powerful as time can be. "
Chris Edwards, CEO of The Third Floor tells you why he wants to expand The Third Floor’s territory to China.
Wang Zhongjun, Founder and Chairman of the Board of Huayi Brothers Media Corp., runs China’s biggest media group worthy $4.68 billion.
Zhang Zhao attributes his odyssey largely to a great education he received from his lieutenant father, a submarine scientist in the PLA Navy.
Xu believes martial arts is a basic aspect of the Chinese cultural heritage... to be adept with both the pen and the sword.
A industry forum including a banker, a professor, an industry consultant and a festival programmer on the changes and challenges.
80% of TFC fund comes from Taipei City Government, and we raise the other 20% on our own from companies like TSMC and UMC.
Mr. Paillard talks about Marché du Film's ongoing expansion and innovation, Cinando and co-productions.
Bérénice talked about her move from an academic background in Philosophy and Political Science to Cinema Studies and festival programming.
Filmart has built on the prototype of CineMart in IFF Rotterdam. We learned a lot and received substantial support from Rotterdam, said Mr. Wong.
Tony Rayns came to Mainland China in late 1970s, witnessing its change and helping its cinema to reach a global audience.
Young director Arvin Chen is a regular in Berlinale: his short film MEI won the 2007 Silver Bear in Berlin’s International Short Film Competition and his first feature AU REVOIR TAIPEI triumphed with the Best Asian Film Award from NETPAC in 2010. At the 63rd Berlinale, Arvin Chen swept the audience with his second feature…